to USD 1,700
"The comforts of a resort, the freedom of a home"
Villa Name: Villa Arawan
Villa Arawan is a 5 bedroom Northern Thai style villa, located within the private Ayara Surin estate with its own entrance at the end of a no-through road. The Villa offers outstanding views over Surin and Bang Tao beaches on the west coast of Phuket; it also overlooks the small peninsula between the two beaches where several exclusive hotels are nestled.
The same contractor involved with both the Amanpuri and Banyan Tree resorts built this villa. Large living spaces are a highlight feature, with 550 sqm of fully air conditioned indoor space and a further 500 sqm of outdoor terracing.
The house offers a mix of Thai and Western styles, with polished teak floors and lovely Thai soft furnishings, plus modern western bathrooms. The infinity swimming pool measures 10 x 5 metres with a depth of 1.6 metres throughout. There is also a large heated whirlpool with its own terrace.
Walking through the house, a large entrance foyer on the upper floor leads to two large matching master bedrooms with king-size beds and unparalleled views, private terrace, luxury en-suite bathroom with handmade large bath, separate shower stall, toilet and bidet. There is plenty of cupboard space as well as a mini fridge and a safe. A dressing table has a concealed mirror. There’s room to relax too and a desk/workstation with computer telephone connection is fitted for those who need to keep in touch with the outside world.
On the next floor, a spiral staircase from the entrance foyer leads down to the large living space, which connects to a swimming pool and fitted kitchen. The dining area seats 10 comfortably and opens onto the pool deck.
Another floor houses two guest bedrooms (one with double king size bed and the other with two single beds that can be pushed together to form a double), both of which offer great views from their private balconies. Each bedroom comes with an en-suite bathroom and large shower stall.
One more floor boasts a large bedroom/multi-purpose room that's ideal for children and enjoys a sea view and has a small terrace plus private bathroom (not en-suite). Twin beds can be pushed together into a king and two folding beds are available for additional children.
The large living space with an unusually high ceiling and expanse of glass in the doors opens onto the terrace and gives a wonderful feeling of spaciousness and light. A large dining table at one end easily seats 10 people. The seating area has comfortable sofas and chairs set around a large coffee table. A state-of-the art Bose remote-controlled sound system is linked to the home cinema, complete with a large screen satellite television with a wide range of channels, DVD, VCR and CD. Specialist computerised lighting enables you to create the right mood at any time of the day or night at the touch of a button. Fully-controllable air-conditioning ensures you can get the temperature just right, although with all the doors open you can enjoy a wonderful through breeze. The video phone here allows you to speak to visitors at the gate and open it for them. Just off the adjacent fully fitted western style kitchen is the maid’s quarters. Designed to give complete privacy to the guests, this area has a maid’s kitchen and a separate laundry room.
Step out of the living area and you arrive on the large terrace with its private 10 by 5 metre infinity swimming pool. Relax in the sun on one of the wooden steamer chairs or in the shade of one of the salas at either end of the pool. (A sala is an open-air Thai living space with traditional Thai roof to give shelter from the mid-day sun.) One is equipped for outdoor dining and the whole area is beautifully lit to make it an ideally relaxed place for dinner and enjoying the dramatic sunsets. Outdoor Bose speakers and the superb hi-fi system allow you to enjoy your own music outside whilst your children watch the latest DVD inside. There is a convenient toilet/changing area at this level as well as an outdoor shower and storage room. Steps lead to the guest bedrooms but also to the hot tub/whirlpool where you can let all your troubles drift away whilst relaxing in the bubbling water. Just below is the large multipurpose room complete with pantry, fridge and en-suite bathroom.
The staff at Villa Arawan (housekeeper/cook, pool/handyman) look forward to welcoming you and taking care of you during your stay. The villa is a 30-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and one minute from the nearest beach – Surin Beach – one of the finest in Phuket.
A number of good restaurants are within easy reach of the villa. As well as Thai food, you can enjoy Italian, French, Japanese and many other types of cuisine, either in smart exotic settings or more casual dining, often with a sea view. There are several golf courses nearby and the nearest is only a 15 minute drive away.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
The villa is a 30-minute drive from Phuket International Airport.
A number of good restaurants are within easy reach of the villa. As well as Thai food, you can enjoy Italian, French, Japanese and many other types of cuisine, either in smart exotic settings or more casual dining, often with a sea-view.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates from US$ 850 to 1,700 for the whole villa, reduced rates applying depending on length of stay.
- Daily rates include maid service 6 days per week, a housekeeper to cook meals (breakfast and either lunch or dinner 6 days out of 7 days and food cost on guest account), breakfast not included
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) guests
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: US$ 55 plus tax (7%) per trip for a maximum of 7 passengers including luggage in private mini bus
- Baby cot provided free of charge
- Security deposit is required
- Not available for weddings/private parties
- For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- Five double bedrooms, four with en-suite bathrooms and one with a private bathroom but not en-suite
- All five principal bedrooms have sea view
- Fully-controllable air-conditioning
- Computerised lighting system
- Dining area inside and outside
- Private swimming pool and hot tub
- State of the art Bose music and home cinema system
- Fully fitted custom made kitchen to Western standards, and laundry area
- Beautiful teak floors and ceilings
- Quietly located at the end of a private road
- State of the art security system with top of the range locks
- Smoke-detectors are fitted throughout the property
- Beautiful Surin beach is a short walk away at the bottom of the hill. Several other beaches are a short drive away
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
- Private Laundry can be done by the Villa Maid
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service
- In-Villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental with complimentary driver
- In-villa massage: Massage is part of Thai living and can be taken outside in the Sala or more privately in any of the bedrooms or even at the spa of the resort
- 24/7 security guard with CCTV system and gated entrance
Special Facilities for children
- Babysitting service can be arranged on request (surcharge may apply)
- First Aid kit available in the house
- Beach and pool toys available
- Phuket is renowned for its international hospitals should an unlikely event arise
- Traveling light! Tesco Lotus carries all brand names for nappies and convenience food. Boots the Chemist and other chemists and pharmacies are within reach.