Our top 10 recommended activities on Koh samui
There really is something for everyone on Koh Samui, and regardless of your interests, you should have no problems filling your holiday itinerary with some great days out.
The array of choices open to you can in fact be somewhat overwhelming. We've put together our "Suggested Top Ten Activities", a range of activities that can be enjoyed by all that will also give you some very special memories to take home with you.
- Take a boat trip (private or shared) to the famous Angthong Marine Park, a protected paradise made famous by the novel the Beach',
- Pay your respects to the 15m high golden Big Buddha, Koh Samui's signature attraction,
- Enjoy a unique sunset cruise on board the Chinese Junk "June Bahtra",
- Trek through the jungle on the back of an amiable elephant,
- Explore the surrounding coral reefs Scuba Diving and/or get yourself PADI certified with "Discovery Divers",
- Melt into a complete SPA treatment or enjoy a Thai massage, either at your own Villa or at the famous "Tamarind Springs" Health Spa,
- Learn how to create the best in Thai Cuisine, either at your Villa, or as part of a cooking class with "SITCA", The Samui Institute of Culinary Arts,
- Enjoy a ½ day sailing experience on a catamaran, with "Samui Ocean Sports",
- Play 18 holes at the "Santiburi Country Club" PGA Golf course, arguably Asia's most scenic course,
- There are many other activities to mention, but for some visitors, one particular Koh Samui activity beats all of the rest. What is it? That's right doing absolutely nothing!
If you find that you don't have the time (or perhaps the energy?) to do all the above, simply come back as quickly as you can to experience all that Koh Samui has to offer.